Mission and Values
Elyria Christian School is committed to providing a Christian education that excels in spiritual, academic, and physical instruction. We view the opportunity to educate children as a sacred trust given by God. We realize this is an awesome responsibility given to families, thus we desire to partner with them and their local church community as we train young people with a Biblical worldview.
The Bible is divinely inspired and without error, authoritative and effective, sufficient for faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
The Christian school cooperates with the evangelical church and home to disciple students. Students are challenged and equipped for Christian service. (Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, 1 Peter 4:10-11)
ECS strives to meet the highest standards of academic excellence in an environment where students may learn on their individual levels and graduate from a well-rounded, accredited program with the skills necessary to achieve biblical success in today’s world. (Joshua 1:8-9, 2 Timothy 2:15, Colossians 3:23-24)
We promise the use of the Bible as the lens through which students are encouraged to view the world. Teachers model and instruct a Bible-based, Christ-centered world view. (I Corinthians 1:18-31, Colossians 2:8-9)
Biblical principles cannot be separated from daily living; therefore, the Bible is integrated into all areas of instruction by using teachable moments to share from God’s Word. (Deut. 6:4-9, Proverbs 1:1-7)
Dedicated, Qualified Staff
We employ faculty and staff committed to professionalism, exhibiting Christ-like character. (Ephesians 5:1-2, 2 Thess. 3:7-9)
Parents are the primary educators of their children and the school exists to assist them in this task. (Deut. 6:4-9, Ephesians 6:4, Proverbs 6:20-23)
Education at Elyria Christian School is founded upon the conviction that God, who is the author of all truth and creator of all life, has revealed Himself through the Bible, His infallible and inerrant Word. We believe that He desires to share His love with each individual in an intimate, personal relationship through His only Son, Jesus Christ. By His death and resurrection, Jesus Christ has provided salvation to all who believe. The purpose of Christian education, then, should be to instill a sensitivity in each child toward the Holy Spirit’s leading in his life, that each child may develop a Christian mind, receive training in Godly living, and fellowship with God and others.
To fulfill our mission, ECS is committed to excellence in all areas. Whether it be academic training, devotion, or service, students are encouraged to achieve to the best of their God-given ability, both at and away from school. The students are taught that their lives matter and that they can make a difference in their world.
Expected Student Outcomes
“And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.” – Luke 2:52
A student who graduates from Elyria Christian School should be able to:
Spiritual: “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” – Proverbs 22:6
- receive the Lord’s love and His gift of salvation and have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- love the Lord with all heart, soul, mind, and strength.
- discern and submit to the will of God in his/her daily life.
- honor and respect the Bible as the infallible Word of God.
- articulate and defend his/her Christian worldview while having a basic understanding of opposing worldviews.
- understand the worth of every human being as created in the image of God.
- personally respond to carrying out the Great Commission locally and around the world in a culturally sensitive manner.
Academic: “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” – II Timothy 2:15
- explore, create, experiment, observe, plan, analyze, reason, investigate, and question.
- know how to utilize resources and technology to enhance learning.
- demonstrate proficiency of standards in core academic disciplines.
- endeavor to be a lifelong learner.
Social: “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interest of others.” – Philippians 2:3-4
- practice the principles of healthy, moral family living.
- understand the worth of every human being as created in the image of God, and treat people with respect, love, grace and truth.
- understand the value of service and strive to meet the needs of others.
- properly utilize his/her finances, time, and all other resources.
- be effective and productive members of his/her local community, church, and place of employment.
What Parents Say About ECS
“We transitioned from public to private education and can attest that it has been worth every penny. Academic excellence, small class sizes, and the caring staff make Elyria a very special school.”
“Your kids are your investment plan right now. Every penny you spend on them is an investment in their future. You will never be able to invest in them later, the way that you can right now.”